Updated and Effective as of April 30, 2020
We only process your Personal Data in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. For purposes of UK and EU data protection legislation, the data controller is The Hollywood Tribune Pvt. Ltd., 78, Sudhir Bose Marg, University Enclave, New Delhi – 110007.
Table of Contents
- Information We Automatically Collect
- Cookies/Tracking Technologies
- Information You Choose To Submit
- Information We Receive From Other Sources
- Information Use
- Our Information Sharing Practices
- Public Information
- California Privacy Rights (CCPA)
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Retaining, Modifying and Deleting Your Personal Data
- EU Data Subject Rights
- Children’s Privacy
- Sensitive Personal Data
- Contact Us
1. Information We Collect Automatically
Categories of Information.
Our third-party service providers (including third-party content, advertisement, and analytics providers) and we, automatically collect certain information from your device or web browser when you interact with the Website to help understand how our users use the Website and to target the advertisement to you. We may contract with third-party providers to collect this information on our behalf for analytics purposes. These include companies such as Google.
Purpose Behind This Collection.
We and our third-party service providers use the collected data for various purposes such as diagnosis of problems with our servers and software, to administer the Website, to gather demographic information and to target advertisement to you. Accordingly, the information will be provided to us by third-party service providers and ad services such as what ads are being clicked and with what frequency so that we may better manage our services and continue to provide a satisfactory user experience.
2. Cookies/Tracking Technologies
We use tracking technologies such as Cookies and Local Storage.
About Cookies and Local Storage
The following types of Cookies are used on our website:
Cookies and Local Storage
Type Of Cookies
|Analytics and Performance Cookies||These cookies are used to collect information about traffic to our Website and how users use it. The information gathered by us does not identify anyone individually. The information is anonymous. It includes, but not exclusively, the number of visitors to our website, the websites that referred them to our Website, the pages that they visited on our Website, what time of day they visited our Website, whether they have visited our Website earlier, and other such information. We use this kind of information to help us operate our Website efficiently, and to gather broad demographic information about our visitors. Also, to keep a check on the activity levels on our Website. We make use of Google Analytics for this very purpose. Google Analytics uses its own cookies. It is used to improve how our Website functions. You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here. You can find out more about how Google protects your data here. You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our Website by downloading and installing the free browser plug-in available here|
|Essential Cookies||These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our Website and to enable you to use its features. For example, they allow you to log in to secure areas of our Website and help the content of the pages you request load quickly. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services.
|Functionality Cookies||These cookies allow our Website to remember choices you make when you use our Website, such as remembering your language preferences, remembering your login details, remembering which polls you have voted in and in some cases, to show you poll results, and remembering the changes you make to other parts of our Website can be customised by you. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal and tailored experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you visit our Website.|
|Social Media Cookies|| These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button or “like” button on our Website or you link your account or engage with our content on or through a social networking website such as Facebook, Twitter or Google+. The social network will record that you have done this and collect information from you which may be your Personal Data.
| Targeted and advertising cookies
|These cookies track your browsing habits to enable us to show advertising which is more likely to be of interest to you. These cookies use information about your browsing history to group you with other users who have similar interests. Based on that information, and with our permission, third-party advertisers can place cookies to enable them to show ads which we think will be relevant to your interests while you are on third-party websites. These cookies also store location information, including your latitude, longitude, and GeoIP region ID, which helps us show you locale-specific news and allows our Website to function more efficiently.|
A log file is one that records the events that occur in relation to your use of the Service, such as your service usage data.
GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, and other location-aware technologies may be used to collect accurate location data when you enable location-based services through your device. Location data may be used for such purposes as to verify your device’s location and delivering or holding back relevant content and advertising based on that location information.
3. Information You Choose To Submit
You can visit the website without telling us who you are or revealing any information by which someone could identify you as a specific individual.
In certain circumstances, personal information collected from you, may be shared with sponsors, advertisers, affiliates or other partners. If you have questions about a specific area on the website, please contact us and reference that specific area.
Here are some examples of Information we may collect:
- Contact Data. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
- Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints, and other information for authentication and account access.
- Demographic Data. We collect demographic information including your age, gender, and country.
- Profile Data. We collect your username, interests, favourites, and other profile data.
- Content. We collect the content of our correspondence with the User. We also collect it as necessary, to provide the User with the services they request.
4. Information We Receive From Other Sources
We use the information we collect with outside records to learn more about our users, to better customise the content we show to you, and for other such purposes. We receive such information from public sources and/or third parties, including but not exclusive to, consumer data resellers, social networks, advertisers. We combine this information with information that we collect ourselves through the website.
5. Information Use
We use the information we collect, inclusive of Personal Data and Usage Data:
- to enable you to use the website and to process information that you provide via our website.
- to provide relevant customer service and care, including responding to your questions, complaints, or comments.
- to provide you with information, or services that you have requested;
- to provide you with information, or services that we otherwise believe will interest you, including special opportunities from us and our third-party partners;
- to customise the content, recommendations, and advertisements we and third parties display to you, both on the Website and elsewhere online;
- for internal business purposes: to improve our services and content;
- to comply with regulatory and legal obligations;
6. Our Information Sharing Practice
Generally, we share non-personal data, in our discretion, including Usage Data, de-identified Personal Data and aggregated user statistics, with third-party service providers. Information that has been collected via the Website is shared with our affiliates and partners.
From time to time, we enter into relationships with third parties who provide services to us. We share your information with the third-party providers for the purpose of facilitating requests made by you (User). In connection with aiming advertisements, gauging and enhancing our website and advertising effectively, and other enabling enhancements, we share information about our visitors with our advertisers, sponsors, and promotional partners, such as, the number of persons that opened a particular page, the average age of the visitors on the website or page(s). We also obtain other demographic information from third parties to improve our products and services, for marketing purposes or to display more relevant advertising.
Other Disclosure Scenarios
We reserve the right and are expressly authorized by you, to share the collected user information: (i) in response to court orders, subpoenas and/or legal process, or to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; (ii) if we believe it necessary to investigate, avoid, or act on illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or property; (iii) if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding significant abuse of the Website infrastructure or the Internet in general (including, but not limited to mass spamming or attacks to compromise site security and attempt to gain unauthorised access to collected information);
7. Public Information
If you identify any collected data as public, you authorize us to share the information publicly.
8. California Privacy Rights (CCPA)
This additional disclosure for residents of California applies only to individuals who reside in California. The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides additional rights to know, delete and opt-out, and requires businesses collecting or disclosing personal information to provide notices and means to exercise those rights. The words used in this section have the meanings given to them in the CCPA, which may be broader than their common meaning. For example, the definition of “personal information” under the CCPA includes your name, but also more general information such as age.
Notice of Collection
Although the information we collect is described in greater detail in Sections 1-6 above, the categories of personal information that we have collected – as described by the CCPA – in the past 12 months are:
- Identifiers, including name, email address, phone number account name, IP address, and an ID or number assigned to your account.
- Demographics, such as your age or gender. This category includes data that may qualify as protected classifications under other California or federal laws.
- Internet activity, including your interactions with our Website.
- Geolocation data, including location-enabled services such as WiFi and GPS.
- Employment and education data, including information you provide when you apply for a job with us.
- Inferences, including information about your interests, preferences and favourites.
Right to Know and Delete
If you are a California resident, you have the right to delete the personal information we have collected from you and the right to know certain information about our data practices in the preceding 12 months. In particular, you have the right to request the following from us:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- The categories of personal information about you we disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information; and
- The pieces of information that have been collected.
In order to exercise any of these rights, please submit a request through our online form or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify in the request, which particular right(s) you are requesting to exercise.
9. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
We use other companies to serve third-party advertisements when you visit and use the Website. These companies collect and use click stream information, browser type, time, date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over during your visits to the Website in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies use tracking technologies to amass this information. In addition, we share any personal information you voluntarily provide, such as an email address, in response to an advertisement or sponsored content link, with these third-party providers.
In order to serve the best offers and advertisements that may be of greater interest to our users, we display targeted advertisements on the Website, based upon the information provided to us by our users and information provided to us by the third-party providers that they have collected independently.
Your Ad Choices
Some of the third-party services providers and/or Advertisers may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Website or the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising.
11. Retaining, Altering and Removing personal information
You may request to gain access to the specific information you have provided to us. In the event that you want to create a request, kindly get in touch using the Contact Us section below. If you would like to update, correct, alter or remove any Personal Data you previously submitted to us, please let us know by logging in and updating your profile. If you delete certain information you may not be able to order services in the future without re-submitting such information. We will comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Also, please note that we will maintain Personal Data in our database whenever we are required to do so by law, for necessary operational reasons, or to maintain uniform business practices.
Please note that we need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion (for example, when you enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Data provided until after the completion of such promotion). We will retain your Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
12. EU Data Subject Rights
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have the right to:
- request access to your Personal Data and rectification of inaccurate Personal Data;
- request erasure of your Personal Data;
- request restrictions on the processing of your Personal Data;
- object to processing your Personal Data; and/or
- the right to data portability (collectively, “EU Requests”).
We can only process EU Requests from a user whose identity has been verified. To verify your identity, please provide your email address or [URL] when you make an EU Request. You are also entitled to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
We have implemented commercially reasonable and appropriate technical and organizational security measures to help protect your Personal Data from an accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, misuse, or unauthorized access or disclosure; unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your User Information, we cannot guarantee its security. You use the Website and provide us with information at your own initiative and risk. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us using the details in the Contact Us section below.
The website contains links to other websites that we do not control, and the Website contains videos, advertising and other content hosted and served by third-party providers. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of any third-party providers. We may also integrate with third-party providers who will interact with you under their own terms of service. One such third party is YouTube. We use YouTube API service and by using the Website, you agree to be bound by the YouTube Terms of Service located here.
15. Children’s Privacy
The Hollywood Tribune and all its content are intended for a general audience. They are not intended for, and must not be used by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 16 and we do not target the Website to children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us using the details in the Contact Us section below. We will delete such information from our files as soon as possible.
16. Sensitive Personal Data
We request you to not send us, or disclose, any sensitive Personal Data as this term is defined under applicable data protection and privacy laws (for example, social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Website or otherwise to us.
18. Contact Us